What does a Car servicing in Aldershot include?
A full Car servicing in Aldershot typically includes a comprehensive check of your vehicle’s major components. As well as replacing certain parts and fluids. Here is a general list of what a full car service may include:
- Engine oil and filter change: This is typically the most important part of a full service. As it helps to keep your engine running smoothly and prevent damage.
- Brake check: This includes checking the condition of the brake pads, discs, and calipers, as well as testing the brake fluid for contamination.
- Suspension check: This includes checking the shock absorbers, struts, and springs for wear and damage.
- Steering check: This includes checking the power steering fluid level, as well as inspecting the steering system for damage.
- Tyre check: This includes checking the condition and pressure of all four tyres, as well as the spare.
- Exhaust check: This includes checking for leaks and damage to the exhaust system.
- Fluid checks: This includes checking and topping up all of the fluids in the vehicle. Including coolant, brake fluid, and washer fluid.
- Air filter and cabin filter replacement: This helps to ensure that the air inside the car is clean and free of pollutants.
- Lights and wiper blade check: This includes checking all of the lights on the car, as well as the condition of the wiper blades.
The exact details of a full car service can vary. Depending on the make and model of your vehicle, as well as the garage you go to. It’s always a good idea to ask for a breakdown of what is included in the service before you book it. So you can make sure that it covers everything you need.
Is a full Car servicing in Aldershot worth it?
Whether a full car service is worth it in Aldershot depends on a few factors. Such as the age and condition of your vehicle, your driving habits, and how much you use your car. Here are a few reasons why a full car service may be worth it:
- Keeping your vehicle in good condition: Regular servicing can help to identify and fix any issues with your vehicle. Before they become major problems. This can help to keep your car running smoothly and extend its lifespan.
- Maintaining safety: A full car service can help to ensure that your brakes, tyres, and other important components are in good working order, which can improve your safety on the road.
- Maintaining warranty: If your car is still under warranty, regular servicing may be a requirement in order to maintain the warranty. Skipping a service could void the warranty and lead to costly repairs down the line.
- Resale value: If you plan to sell your car in the future, having a full service history can help to increase the resale value of the vehicle.
However, it’s important to note that a full car service can be costly. And some of the items on the checklist may not be necessary for your specific vehicle. It’s always a good idea to speak to a trusted mechanic to determine what services are necessary for your car.